Fried rice is a common “Chinese” dish in the Indian subcontinent. I think the main reason veg fried rice was discovered because people needed a good way to use up the leftover vegetables. It is a simple recipe that brings a slight change to the same old rice that is a staple food for most Bengalis. You have different types of fried rice now: non-veg, veg, schezwan. There are so many things that you can do with just rice. Come enjoy the pleasures of cooking with me.
Basmati Rice: 250 gms
Shahi Jeera: pinch
Carrots: 1 (chopped)
Beans: 5 (chopped)
Ghee: 1 tea spoon
Peas: 100 gms
Oil: 25 ml
Whole Garam Masala
Cashew nuts: 10-12 pieces
Lemon: ½ of a lemon
Coriander: few leaves
Mint: Few leaves
- Heat oil along with ghee in a cooker
- Add whole garam masala,sahi jeera and chopped vegetables to the oil
- Stir them well
- Add rice and mix them well
- Stir lightly and add 2 glasses of water.
- Close the cooker lid and don’t put the pressure cap till vapor starts gushing out
- Then put on the pressure cap and wait till the 1st whistle blows. Then switch off the stove.
- While waiting for the cooker to cool, roast the cashews in a pan
- Transfer the fried rice to a bowl. Garnish with coriander and mint leaves
- Add the cashew nuts and squeeze the lemon over the rice and serve.