Rohu is a very commonly available fish. This curry can be made with any non-veg item you wish if you do not prefer fish, but, I would advice non-veg lovers to definitely try it with fish. Coming to papaya, with the recent developments in agriculture and plantations, papaya is found all year round and is really a very sweet and tasty way of getting healthy. There are many benefits of Raw Papaya and Rohu. Go ahead and try this for a lazy day in the kitchen guys! 🙂
Serves: 4 Time: 30 minutes
- Rohu fish : ½ kg
- Papaya : 1 No. Small or ½ if big
- Potato : 2 Nos.
- Turmeric : 2 spoon
- Green Chilli : 4 Nos.
- Cumin Powder (Jeera) : 2 spoon
- Ginger Paste : 1 spoon
- Kalonji(Black Cumin) : ½ spoon
- Salt : As per taste
- Oil : 100 ml
- Take 6 piecesRohu fish(get it cleaned and chopped when you buy it)
- Add 1 spoon of turmeric powder, ½ table spoon salt to the fish pieces to marinate it.
- Fry the marinated fish pieces and keep it aside
- Cut papaya and potato of same size in form of long wedges. Fry in the same oil as was done for fish. Keep it aside
- In the same oil add slit green chillies and kalonji for tempering
- In a small bowl mix turmeric powder, jeera powder and ginger paste with a little water.
- Add the paste to the frying pan having tempered green chillies and kalonji and fry for some time
- Add warm water and then add the fried wedges of potato, fried wedges of papaya, fried fish pieces and salt as per taste
- Boil the same for 15 minutes in low flame with cover
- Allow the preparation cool down and serve with rice