Serves: 4 people
1 kg Chicken
1 kg Biryani rice
2 tbsp chilli powder
Thumb size ginger
10 cloves garlic
5-6 green chilli depending on taste
1 small bunch coriander leaves
1 small bunch mint leaves
1/2 kg onion
4 tsp salt
In rice-5tbsp oil
In chicken-10 tbsp oil
Whole garam masala-1 spoon(cardamom, cinnamon, clove, bay leaf, kalpasi)
For decoration-The onions set aside after frying,mint or coriander leaves
1. Marinate chicken with curd and chilli powder for half an hour.
2. Grind ginger, garlic, mint , corriander and green chillies.
3. Cut onion into slices. Fry till golden brown. Keep half onion for garnish.
4. Take other half of onion fry and add ground masala. Stir for 5 minutes.
5. Add marinated chicken to the masala. Fry for some time, about 10 minutes. Keep aside
6. In another vessel boil rice up to 70% with little salt and whole garam masala.
7. Take aluminium vessel. Pour chicken curry from point 5 and add rice from point 6. Spread the rice nicely. Garnish
with lemon juice, kesar colour, oil and fried onions. Cover with lid.
8. Seal the lid with atta dough. Put some weight from top. The aluminium vessel should be put on tawa to avoid direct
9. Cook for 10-15 min in slow flame.
10. Garnish after mixing the biryani well
11. Serve with raita